Background

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Review: Neighbors by Stylo Fantome




Neighbors
by Stylo Fantome


4 stars
****

This is a good book. This book is twisty/turny and I can't go into the plot too much without giving it away. I'll give the gist. Katya Tocci has always been a good girl. She is a sweet girl, a baker. But her life changes the day she meets Liam, her neighbor and sex club owner. She meets Liam and decides to take a walk on the wild side with him. They begin a no-strings, fun, little fling. But then enter Wulf. He is Katya's next door neighbor from her childhood, all grown up. Soon she is having casual relationships with both of them. And they know about each other, but don't care. Of course, all good things must come to an end, and everything blows up for Katya. 

This book is full of drama and soapy goodness. There is a good bit of angst and sexy, edginess, and also some funny and sweet moments too. I am not an angst lover and I have to admit I cheated a bit by reading the reviews and spoiling the twist for myself. I am glad I did so that I knew what was coming up and I wasn't so hurt and shocked by what happens. I won't spoil it for anyone else reading my review who doesn't want to know (if you do there are plenty of reviews out there with spoilers). There is a pretty spectacular cliffhanger and the story is concluded in the next book, The Neighborhood. 

I liked Katya. She really came into her own in this book. She is sassy, sweet and sexy. Liam is a fun loving, surfer guy who loves tacos. Wulf is mysterious, often cold and kind of a jerk. I didn't quite see why Katya was so taken with him. Probably because I didn't trust him and he didn't give her much as far as what he was feeling. All three characters were very complicated and interesting. I liked them all even though they were flawed. They all made mistakes and did things that I didn't love, but I still enjoyed this book a lot. It did slightly bother me that she is sleeping with both of them and no condoms are ever mentioned. I'm not usually a stickler for that but this situation, where none of them were exclusive with each other, skeeved me out a bit.

Overall, this book totally sucked me in. I was so engrossed I could hardly put it down and could not wait to start the next one. The story and the writing were very good. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more from Stylo Fantome.




Buy link:

Free on KU!

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1J6M9Z/ref=x_gr_w_glide_ku?caller=Goodreads&callerLink=https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32199811-neighbors&tag=x_gr_w_glide_ku-20

No comments:

Post a Comment