Background

Monday, November 18, 2019

New Release: Mancuffed by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby + Review!







Mancuffed by Sarina Bowen and Tanya Eby is now available!


Blurb:

A new comedy from the USA Today bestselling duo!

Mac


A good cop can always spot trouble. That’s why my senses started pinging the moment I met the hottie next door. The neighborhood may never be the same. First she confuses me for a male stripper and tries to remove my uniform. (The guys on the force will never let me live that down.) And then there’s the breaking and entering.
I don’t know what to do with her. My libido has a few ideas of its own, though. Bad, bad ideas.

Meg


Hey, it’s not my fault that Hot Cop’s nightstick gets excited every time we see each other. And I can’t help that someone broke into his apartment.
Fine—that last thing was totally my fault. And I intend to make amends. So when he needs a date for his sister’s wedding, I’m there. This is right up my alley. I’m an actor. By the time it’s over, his entire family will believe we’re a couple.
Even him.

Warning: may cause unrestrained giggling in public. Contains: a bridezilla with a turkey leg, a flash mob, and a growly hero.
 



Buy Links:


๐ŸŒ paperback  https://geni.us/ManCuffedPaperback 








Review: 

3.5 stars
***

Mancuffed is a light, entertaining, and funny romp. This is Meg and Mac's story. Meg is an actress, working as a waitress in a pub, when she mistakes Mac in his cop uniform for a stripper. They have instant chemistry, but the moment passes them by. Fast forward several months and Meg moves to the apartment next door to his. They become reacquainted when she hears his very loud f-buddy and him going at it through the walls all the time. Still, she is interested in him and is glad when he is single again. The two start spending time together and eventually dating.

This is a fun, light, easy read. I have to admit, I was turned off by the initial premise. I do not really get into scenarios where the heroine has has to hear the hero have sexy times with others. But Mac and his f-buddy part ways somewhat quickly and there is a break before he and Meg get together. After that, it was obvious these two were a good match. I really liked both Meg and Mac. I felt their opposite personalities definitely attracted each other. Mac is a gruff, sometimes grumpy and closed off, strong silent type. He isn't interested in a relationship and is more focused on getting his promotion at work. Still, he finds Meg intriguing and irresistible. Meg is a sweet, outgoing, full of life type girl. She is the one that flirts with Mac and makes her interest known. She does the chasing here and she is pretty forgiving when Mac messes up. There is a bit of ex-drama, involving Mac's ex and his brother, but I wasn't too bothered by it. Mostly the book is light on drama, heavier on the entertainment and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Overall, Mac and Meg's story is a fun rom-com. There is an interesting story, good writing and has some cute and funny moments. If you enjoyed the other books in this serioes, you will definitely enjoy this book. I have liked this series a lot and look forward to more to come from Ms. Bowen and Ms. Eby in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment