Background

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Love Notes Book Blog's Year in Review 2019





Happy New Year! Hello 2020!


Best wishes for an awesome 2020! I have had a great third year as a book blogger! I have enjoyed so many awesome reads and had fun writing my reviews, interacting with reading buddies, and discovering new authors and books. I have found many hours of happiness lost in the pages this year. I am grateful to all my book friends for your friendship and kinship. Here’s to hoping for more awesome reads in 2020!




2019 Year in Review



In 2019, I read 328 books. That was 40 books more than 2018 so I was happy with that and I hit my goal of 300. Still, I didn't get anywhere near my 2016 number of 475. But hopefully I can continue hitting my goal next year!


My goodreads page is here, if you’re curious what all I read: www.goodreads.com/user/show/24889330-kimberly-love-notes-book-blog


The first book I read in 2019: Evidence of Desire by Lexi Blake

The last book I read in 2019: Highball Rush by Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score

The authors I have most read this year were Alexa Riley and Lisa Renee Jones, both with 16 books. Followed by Fiona Davenport with 12, then Penny Reid and Lexi Blake/Sophie Oak, both with 10.

I gave 97 books a 4 star rating or higher. 200 were 3-3.75 stars.




Favorites by category: 


Favorite Sci-fi romance- Devi's Distraction by Ruby Dixon

Favorite PNR or Fantasy Reads- A Curious Twist of Lime by Heather R. Blair, Stoned by Layla Frost, Untamed Delights by Suzanne Wright, Bound to the Battle God by Ruby Dixon, War of Hearts by S. Young, Cold Queen by K. Webster, Into the Green by Jessica Gadziala, Captive of the Horde King by Zoey Draven

Favorite Duets and Trilogies- Laws of Physics trilogy by Penny Reid, Naked trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones, The Regret duet by Aly Martinez

Favorite New Adult Read or College romance: Halfway Girl by Tessa Bailey, The Risk by Elle Kennedy, The Play by Elle Kennedy, Jock Road by Sara Ney

Favorite Sports Romances- Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen, The Risk by Elle Kennedy, Jock Road by Sara Ney, A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting, Moonlighter by Helena Hunting

Favorite Kinky Fuckery or Super Sexy Reads- The Initiation by Nikki Sloane

Favorite Non Romance Read: The Business of Blood by Kerrigan Byrne

Favorite BDSM Romance- Lost and Found by Lexi Blake

Favorite Historical Romance: Marrying Winterbourne by Lisa Kleypas, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley, How to Love a Duke in 10 days by Kerrigan Byrne

Favorite Out-of-the-box Read- While I was Away by Stylo Fantome, The Mindf*ck series by S. T. Abby, Portrait of Death series by Isabel Wroth

Favorite Second Chance Romance- Broken Halo by Brynne Asher, A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting

Favorite Good-kind-of-angsty Books- The Dirty Rich series and the Naked Trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones, The Regret Duet by Aly Martinez, Broken Halo by Brynne Asher

Favorite Lighter Reads/Romantic Comedies- The Billionaire's Forbidden Little Sister and My Brother's Billionaire Best Friend, both by Max Monroe

Favorite Tearjerker- Beard with Me by Penny Reid

Favorite Contemporary Romances- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren, The Wedding Night by Kati Wilde, Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey, Handle with Care by Helena Hunting, So Steady by Eve Dangerfield, Hotshot Doc by R. S. Grey, Getting Played by Emma Chase, Outmatched by Kristen Callihan and Samantha Young, Mr. Mayfair by Louise Bay, New Orleans Rush by Kelly Siskind

Favorite Bad Boy hero: N9ne by T. M. Frazier

Favorite series overall
: The Mindf*ck series by S. T. Abby, The Bootleg Springs series by Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score, The Bluewater Billionaires series by Lucy Score, Claire Kingsley, Pippa Grant and Kathryn Nolan

Favorite Romantic suspense
: Leave Me Breathless by Jodi Ellen Malpas, The Naked trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones, Veils by Brynne Asher, Gypsy King by Devney Perry, Behind the Veil by Kathryn Nolan, Downfall by Jay Crownover

Favorite Dystopian Romance: Last Light by Claire Kent

Favorite MC books: Until Mayhem by Layla Frost, Gyspy King by Devney Perry



Here are my top favorite duets/trilogies/series read in 2019:


Laws of Physics trilogy by Penny Reid

The Regret Duet by Aly Martinez
Portrait of Death series by Isabel Wroth

Mindf*ck Series by S. T. Abby

The Bootleg Springs series by Claire Kingsley and Lucy Score



Here are my top 15 favorite books read in 2019:








New Orleans Rush by Kelly Siskind
my review

Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas
my review

The Wedding Night by Kati Wilde
my review


Untamed Delights by Suzanne Wright
my review

Bound to the Battle God by Ruby Dixon
my review

How to Love a Duke in 10 Days by Kerrigan Byrne
my review

War of Hearts by S. Young
my review

Beard with Me by Penny Reid
my review

A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting
my review

Getting Played by Emma Chase
my review

Leave me Breathless by Jodi Ellen Malpas
my review

The Business of Blood by Kerrigan Byrne
my review

Cold Queen by K. Webster
my review

Outmatched by Kristen Callihan and Samantha Young
my review

Mr. Mayfair by Louise Bay
my review



And that's a wrap on 2019! 

What about you guys? What were your 2019 favorites? Please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment