Background

Thursday, February 20, 2020

New Release: While You Were Spying by Stina Lindenblatt + Review!






While You Were Spying by Stina Lindenblatt is now available!



She needs a fake husband. He needs to protect his best friend...

Ever since I caught my boyfriend getting hot and steamy with another woman, I’ve thrown myself into my career. But now I’m ready to move from being the super-efficient office manager to an operative with Quade Security and Investigation.

Just as soon as I prove to my boss that I’m kick-ass enough to do the job.

So when my grandmother asks for my help, there’s no way I can say no. Her former love has a mission for Jayden—my hot colleague and best friend—and me. What more could I want?

***
The last thing I want is for Isabelle to be is an operative. She’s my best friend, and I hate the idea of her being in danger. Unfortunately, our boss has other plans.

Isabelle and I go undercover at a resort for happily married couples. But forget moonlight walks and hanging out by the pool. To maintain our cover, we have to participate in activities that would make a nun blush.

Clothes come flying off, and we agree to temporarily be friends-with-benefits while there. No strings attached. No complications. Nothing could be simpler. Right?

Wrong—because there’s another reason we’ve been lured to the resort. A reason that will put our hearts to the test…and our lives on the line.
 


While You Were Spying is available on all ebook vendors > https://books2read.com/WhileYouWereSpying





Review:

3.5-3.75 stars

 This was a cute book. While You Were Spying is Jayden and Isabelle's friends to lovers story. Jayden and Isabelle are good friends who work together. They both work for a security firm, where Jayden is a security guard/investigator and Isabelle runs the office. She is itching to work out in the field and has been training in the hopes that she will get an assignment. Jayden is fiercely and vocally against this for her. He doesn't think she is tough enough or can hack it, but he is also worried she will get hurt. But then Isabelle's grandmother's friend, a man who runs a couples resort, needs an undercover investigator to find a thief on his resort property. Isabelle gets her chance to take the case with Jayden acting as her husband. The two go undercover to investigate and soon find that the resort is more like a couples therapy retreat, complete with mandatory classes and sex therapy. Lines get blurred, their relationship gets complicated and they soon find themselves falling for each other.

I enjoyed this book. It was a relatively light, easy read with some cute and funny moments. The mystery was a little convoluted, hard to follow, and at times not believable. But there is a fun story, a cute couple, kooky characters and funny circumstances. I liked Jayden and Isabelle. I didn't totally love how against Isabelle wanting to be a security investigator Jayden was. He was a little rude about that. But I did think they ended up being a good match who had fallen for each other without even knowing it, while they were friends. I did think they were a bit lacking in chemistry, but I wasn't too bothered.

Overall, this was a fun read. I enjoyed Jayden and Isabelle's story. This series seems like it's going to be a good one and I look forward to reading more.

No comments:

Post a Comment