Background

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

New Release: Velvet Cruelty by Eve Dangerfield + Review!

 




Velvet Cruelty by Eve Dangerfield is now available!

Blurb:

Once upon a time I was promised to a powerful man. I was raised to be dutiful and innocent. But on my wedding day, I'm stolen by four men. Men who loathe my fiancé. They're going to use me to fulfill their vendetta.

One of them only wants my body.
One of them wants me as his wife.
Another one offers freedom... at a price.
And the last wants me dead.

I was raised to be a good society wife. Now I'm facing a battle of wits and breathless desire. My only hope is to set aside my innocence. Or learn to use it as a weapon.

Author's Note: VELVET CRUELTY is a scorching romance between a woman and four beautifully dangerous men in which she never has to choose. Read at your own discretion.

Welcome to the Midnight Dynasty... The warring Morelli and Constantine families have enough bad blood to fill an ocean, and their brand new stories will be told by your favorite dangerous romance authors.

WARNING: This book is intended for readers eighteen years old and over. It contains material that some readers could find disturbing. Enter at your own risk...
 




Review:

4 stars

****


 Wow! This was a good book and is different than anything else I've read by Ms. Dangerfield! Velvet Cruelty is book one in a new trilogy set in the Midnight Dynasty world. This trilogy is a reverse harem with January, who was a very naïve virginal young girl arranged to be married, to a much older billionaire who she barely knows, who is kidnapped by a crew of 4 bad guys from her wedding as revenge on her fiancé. The story is loosely based on Snow White with the similarities woven in seamlessly and not in a cheesy way at all. I won't go into much more detail than that about the story so I don't spoil anything. 

Velvet Cruelty has an engrossing, interesting story. I am a big fan of this author, but this book was definitely darker than what she normally writes and what I normally read. I usually don't read books that have any cruelty or violence towards the heroine, but I was on board for it this time. January was super innocent and the guys all four had moments of goodness and moments of  badness in their behavior towards her. They are all different in personality and in their approach to January. I'm not in love with any of them yet, but I can see the potential for their relationships to grow in the future and I can't wait to see what happens. January and her men have begun a roller coaster of a journey with plenty of heat. The book has a wicked cliffy to top it off.

Overall, I really enjoyed Velvet Cruelty. I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to see what happens with January's story in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment