Background

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Favorite Books of 2016




So, I thought I'd sit down and write a a year-end review on my reading in 2016. This year, as of today, I have read 470 books! My goal was to beat my record from last year, which was 405. I was happy to have beat it and I still have a few more weeks left of 2016 to see how far I can go. That doesn't include re-reads as I don't really keep track of those. But there were not a ton of re-reads for me this year (probably 10 or less) because I found too many new books to keep me busy. My Goodreads profile page is here if you're curious what all I've read.

Here are a few stats for you:

-The author I have most read this year was Alexa Riley with 26 books. Followed by Lexi Blake (16), Ruby Dixon (12), Fiona Davenport (11) and R. K. Lilley (11).

-I gave 94 books a 4 start rating or higher. I was surprised at this because most books I read are 3.25-3.75 star reads for me. I am very picky. It takes a really good read for me to give it 4 stars. I pretty much never give 5 stars .

- I had 12 books that I rated higher than 4 stars, with my highest being 4.5 stars.

Here is my top 12 highest rated books for 2016:



The Score by Elle Kennedy 4-4.25 stars My Review
Fearless by Lauren Gilley 4.5 stars My Review
Grin and Beard It  by Penny Reid 4-4.5 stars My Review
Into the Blue by Chanel Cleeton 4.5 stars My Review
Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid 4.5 stars My Review
One by Jewel E. Ann 4-4.5 stars My Review
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne 4.25-4.5 stars My Review
Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen 4-4.5 stars My Review
Confessed by Nicola Rendell 4.5 stars My Review
Major Love by Kate Stewart 4-4.5 stars My Review
Managed by Kristen Callihan 4-4.5 stars My Review
Hail Mary by Nicola Rendell 4.25-4.5 stars My Review

- I have found some really great new-to-me authors this year and read some memorable new series. 

My favorite authors this year have been:

Lauren Gilley - Her Dartmoor series is so good and a really unique take on a MC.
Jennifer Dawson - The Crave series is one of my favorites.
Nikki Sloane - I love The Blindfold Club series! It is sexy and emotional.
T. M. Frazier - All of her books have rocked my world!
R. K. Lilley - I have enjoyed everything she has written. They are angsty and hot!
Jewel E. Ann - Her Jack and Jill series is so unique. She has a really fresh voice!
Stylo Fantome - Her Kane Trilogy and Mercenaries series were two of my favorite series. Really hot, somewhat angsty and cinematic feeling. 
A. Zavarelli - Her Boston Underworld series is a really interesting take on the Irish mob. Suspenseful and sexy!
Chanel Cleeton - The Wild Aces series is so good! It is miltary romance with a small town feel at it's finest.
Lexi Blake - Masters and Mercenaries will always have the market cornered on romantic suspense with a side of BDSM.  I love the characters and stories she creates.
Max Monroe - This mysterious author duo writes books that are hilarious, sexy and sweet!
Ruby Dixon - Sci Fi romance with blue aliens that is so addictive!
Nicola Rendell - Her couples have perfect chemistry and connection. I love her blend of humor, emotion and sexiness. 

I am so glad to have read so many great books this year, discovered so many excellent authors, and founds so many hours of happiness lost in the pages of a book.  I am grateful to all of my book reading buddies for your friendship and kinship. Here's to hoping for more awesome reads in 2017! 


No comments:

Post a Comment