Background

Sunday, May 20, 2018

New Release: Fox by Max Monroe + Review!







Fox
by Max Monroe



Some things are meant to be; some aren’t.

I never thought this would be my life.
I never believed I could feel this way.

I don’t know where to go from here.
I never want to be anywhere else.

My whole world has changed.
She is my whole world.

I’m not sure how to be me again.
I’ve never felt more like myself.

I’ve never needed anyone, but I need him.
I love her. I’ll always love her.

But is our love enough? Can Levi and I really survive this?
Together, Ivy and I can survive anything.

*****

Disclaimer: Max Monroe’s editor recommends readers purchase tissues in bulk prior to reading the deeply emotional and epic finale of the STONE COLD FOX Trilogy. Early readers have complained of the following symptoms: sobbing, happy tears, overwhelming elation, book hangovers, and the urge to re-read the entire STONE COLD FOX Trilogy after finishing FOX. 


Buy Links:


Amazon US:  http://bit.ly/Fox_aa


FOX will be making the transfer to KU after release (after a full day on other platforms at the earliest).











Review:

3.5 stars
***


 Fox is the conclusion to the Stone Cold Fox trilogy and Ivy and Levi's story. In books one and two, I was engrossed by their love story and could hardly put the book down. They had a really delicious tension and connection to go with lots of angst and suspense in the story. At the end of Cold, there is a cliffhanger and a tragedy occurs. In this book, Ivy and Levi have to figure out how to recover from this heartbreak and move on to a happy life together. 

I have to say this was my least favorite book of the trilogy. There is a totally different feel. It was missing all of that tension and suspense that kept me mesmerized by the first two books. While it took a little bit for them to start to recover from the tragedy that occured, the rest of the book felt like a long extended epilogue. There was no real climax and weeks and months are skipped at a time.

Ivy was heartbroken over the tragedy that occured and she took it out on Levi. It made it hard to recognize her as the character I had adored previously. She had been feisty but sweet, but she turned bitchy, argumentative and cruel to Levi. And Levi, who had been alpha and sexy, was now a kind of bland, overly indulgent and sweet guy. I didn't feel any chemistry between them anymore. I understood that circumstances had changed them but I liked who they were before more.

Overall, though, I am glad that Levi and Ivy got the HEA they deserved after having been through so much together. I liked this book, and even though I didn't love it, I did really enjoy this trilogy as a whole. Stone and Cold were also both really good reads for me. This series was a different direction for Max Monroe and I hope they attempt more romantic suspense in the future. I look forward to more from them!





 STONE COLD FOX TRILOGY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST:  https://goo.gl/tcha9q







 The first two books in the series, STONE & COLD, are now Free in KU!

STONE (Book #1) Amazon KU links


COLD (Book #2) Amazon KU links
Amazon US:  http://bit.ly/Cold_aa







No comments:

Post a Comment