Background

Thursday, July 12, 2018

New Release: Clean to the Bone by Heather R. Blair



Clean to the Bone
by Heather R. Blair



It's not every day a sexy Aussie art thief steals into Charlotte Gracen’s spare bedroom in the middle of the night. But when Jake Harris does just that, bleeding and full of ominous warnings about the men banging down Charlie’s door searching for him, the reclusive artist makes a choice. 

That choice will save Jake's life and entangle her in his lifelong mission to find the man who killed his mother. Charlie is cast head-long into a dazzling and dangerous world where art, beauty and talent can win her everything her heart desires—or slice her soul right down to the bone.




Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DMQWVBY/







Review:

4 stars
****

This is a good book. Heather R. Blair writes one of my favorite paranormal romance series. Clean to the Bone is her first book in the romantic suspense genre. It felt very different from her paranormal books, but I enjoyed it!

This is Jake and Charlie's story. Charlie is a reclusive artist, living alone and working as an accountant. Jake, an Australian art thief, literally crashes into Charlie's life (and her window) and her world is never the same again. Some bad guys are after him and he's been shot so their relationship begins by Charlie helping him recover in her home. After that, Charlie gets wrapped up in Jake and his twin sister's world of art, intrigue and excitement. That's all I can say about the story so I don't give too much away.

The story is suspenseful, intricate and intriguing The book was fast paced and cinematic. It took awhile for the romance to get going for me, but I was entertained in the meantime. I liked Jake and Charlie. Jake is charming and I loved the way he adored her. Charlie is quirky and funny. I enjoyed the way their relationship developed. I loved the art world aspect and the fun side characters. There is an over-arching series storyline that will continue in the next book in the series. I'm definitely curious as to how the story will go.

Overall, this was a great start to a fun, romantic suspense series! I look forward to more from Ms. Blair in the future!











No comments:

Post a Comment