Background

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Review: I Think I Love You by Lauren Layne







I Think I Love You
by Lauren Layne 



A game of seduction between two best friends goes deliciously wrong in an irresistible Oxford Novel that brims with wit and sexual tension. Library Journal hails Layne’s work as exemplary contemporary romance.”
 
Brit Robbins knows that dating in New York City is hard—she just hoped to have it mastered by age thirty. But after yet another promising suitor says they have no sparks, Brit decides it’s time to torch her dating game and try a new plan. And who better to coach Brit through the art of seduction than the guy who first gave her the “let’s be friends” card?
 
Hunter Cross has always figured there’s nothing his best friend Brit can do to surprise him. But Brit’s request is a surprise he doesn’t see coming—and one he’s definitely not prepared for. Hunter and Brit have always been careful to keep things perfectly platonic, but the fake dates and faux flirting are starting to feel like the real deal. And soon Hunter realizes he has taught Brit too well. Not only has she become an expert at seduction, the man becoming thoroughly seduced is him.



 
Lauren Layne’s New York Times bestselling Oxford Novel series can be read in any order:
IRRESISTIBLY YOURS
I WISH YOU WERE MINE
SOMEONE LIKE YOU
I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE
I THINK I LOVE YOU
 



Don’t miss any of Lauren Layne’s hot reads:
 
The Love Unexpectedly series: BLURRED LINES | GOOD GIRL | LOVE STORY | WALK OF SHAME | AN EX FOR CHRISTMAS
 
The Sex, Love & Stiletto series: AFTER THE KISS | LOVE THE ONE YOU’RE WITH | JUST ONE NIGHT | THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE
 
The Redemption series: ISN’T SHE LOVELY  | BROKEN | CRUSHED
 
The I Do, I Don’t series: READY TO RUN | RUNAWAY GROOM | JUST RUN WITH IT
 




Buy Link:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076NVFTQ4/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B076NVFTQ4&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2


Review:




3.5 stars

***

This was a pretty good read for me. This is a friends to lovers story between Brit and Hunter. Hunter dates a lot and women trip over themselves for him, but never seriously because he plans on leaving the city to move back to the country where he is from and his family lives. Brit wants a relationship and is pretty and the full package but guys always seem to friend-zone her after a date or two. So she goes to her best friend, Hunter, for him to teach her how to be sexier or how to get guys to consider her as more than a friend. As they spend time together "fake dating", they start thinking of each other as more than friends and eventually fall for each other.

I did feel like their relationship progression from friends to lovers was pretty good and believable. Neither of them had crushed on each other before or ever considered each other romantically, but found they had chemistry once they put themselves in "fake date" situations. They don't kiss until 65%, so there is a believable build up to romance between them. 

I was bothered by a few things. I wasn't sure Hunter really appreciated Brit or realized what he had with her until the very end and it felt like a little too late. I really liked Brit. She was an awesome, giving friend, if a bit of a push over. When the big conflict came, I wanted Hunter to realize what he was giving up in her and express more profusely how much he loved her. He got what he wanted a little too easily and Brit was the one to compromise to make their relationship work. So, I liked Hunter, but I didn't love him. 

But, overall, I did like this story, even if I didn't totally love it. It kept me entertained. I like Brit and Hunter and felt they were a good match. This was my first read by Lauren Layne and I would read more from her in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment