Background

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Review: Dangerous Beauty by J. T. Geissinger












Dangerous Beauty 
by J. T. Geissinger


A beautiful fugitive. A hot bodyguard. A high-stakes game of temptation.

For Nasir, former Special Ops military man and bodyguard, his new job seems like an easy-money gig: trail a Russian mobster’s runaway wife in Mexico, enjoy the sun, observe, and report. Just one rule: don’t get too close. But it’s all Naz can do not to watch the alluring dancer’s every move. A closer look is irresistible—especially when she’s in trouble.

Evalina escaped to the island getaway to live an untraceable life—as far away from the past as she can get. But Eva can’t ignore the dark, muscled stud who rescues her from a drug gang. He says he’s an ex-cop on vacation. When providence throws them together time and again, Eva thinks it’s all a beautiful coincidence. Now she’s giving in to a strange new sensation: trust.

But Naz has a mission to accomplish and a secret to keep. Eva has her share of secrets, too. And as the heat flares between them, Naz knows that trust could become the most dangerous impulse of all.


Links:









REVIEW:

4 stars
****


This is a good book. But I should state from the start that this book ends on a cliffhanger.  I was surprised and upset to get to the end and find that. There is no closure at all and it ends on a shocking cliffy. Nowhere in the blurb that I read on Netgalley is the words " ***Part one of a three part series.*** ", which is posted at the bottom of the Goodreads blurb, but also not posted in the Amazon blurb. I probably still would have chosen to read and review this book, but would have loved to know ahead of time so I didn't expect a full, standalone story. I actually really liked how the book was going and would have rated the book even higher without the unexpected cliffhanger. 

This is the story of Naz and Eva. Eva is on the run from her ex, a Russian billionaire psycho who abused her. She is hiding out in Mexico, in disguise under an assumed name. Naz works for a security company who has been hired by her ex to find her and send in updates on her. He doesn't know who her ex really is and that he is in the wrong. But after observing Eva, he finds her in a dangerous position and steps in to to help her. Once they meet, these two find they have amazing chemistry, and despite their precarious situation, they can't stay away from each other. But that puts them both in danger and they must face the consequences of their actions.

I loved Naz and Eva. They had an amazing connection and adored each other so much. The story was very good. I found the book to be very romantic, sexy, and emotional with great adventure and suspense. I just really wanted these two to get an HEA, which I felt they deserved after going through so much. 

While this was a great romantic suspense and had rich imagery and detailed characters I loved, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from the ending. Cliffhangers are not that bad, for me, if I expect them. But I do think the publisher should have been more clear that this was not a standalone book. Still, I enjoyed this book enough, despite that, that I will continue with the series. 










No comments:

Post a Comment