Background

Monday, August 21, 2017

New Release: Bait by Jade West + Review!



Title: Bait
Author: Jade West 
Genre: Romance, Suspense 
Photographer: Wander Aguiar
Model: Jonny James
Cover Designer: RBA Designs 












A stranger online. Dark hair and even darker eyes that knew my dirty desires before I did. 
A fantasy that should never be spoken. But he pulled the confession from me. 
And now he’s coming for me.
Rough. Dirty. Dangerous.
It’s supposed to be one night to get me off and make me forget.
He’ll make me his and I’ll pretend I don’t want him to.
I’ll run and he’ll chase. 
Because I asked him for this.
I begged him for this.
Tonight, in the darkness, he’s the hunter.
And I’m the bait.














MY REVIEW:

4 stars
****


This is a really good book. This is Abigail and Leo's story. Abigail has had a recurring dream since she was a little girl. She is being chased by a monster through the woods. As she grew older, the monster in her dreams gradually became a man, still chasing her in the woods. Abigail fantasizes about her monster and what sorts of sexy things happen when he finally captures her in her dreams. In real life, things have been pretty bad for Abigail. She had a horrible breakup and a terrible loss, so she moved from her hometown leaving her friends and family behind. She starts over in a new town with a new job. But she is barely surviving. She is depressed and has not gotten over her past problems mentally. She makes a personal ad on a hookup website looking to find someone to reenact her dream fantasy. There she meets Leo, or Phoenix as he goes by online. Leo also has been through a terrible time and a loss. He is also barely surviving and not living like he should. He and Abigail plan a one time meetup for her fantasy to come to life. It is everything they dreamed of and they find they can't keep from meeting up regularly. Gradually they begin a relationship. They find everything they are missing in each other and they help each other start living again. There is some suspense, lots of sexy times, some comedic relief and a cute kid in the mix, and they get their HEA.

This book has the best of everything that Jade West books have- the gritty, darker feeling, the dirty, sexiness, and the desperate emotions. Sometimes this author's books don't work for me, but this is one of the best ones I have read. I have read two other books by other authors that are "rape fantasy" books and this is definitely the best one. This one is more of a "running through the dark woods, being chased, ending in hot sex" fantasy, but I dug it. I really liked both Leo and Abigail. Both had been through so much in their pasts and really deserved the happiness they found in each other. They were a prefect match. The story was original and very interesting too.

Overall, this a sexy, engrossing book and I very much enjoyed it! I look forward to more to come from Ms. West!

















Jade has increasingly less to say about herself as time goes on, other than the fact she is an author, but she’s happy with this fact. 
Living in imaginary realities and having a legitimate excuse for it is really all she’s ever wanted. 
Jade is as dirty as you’d expect from her novels, and talking smut makes her smile. 
She lives in the Herefordshire countryside with a couple of hounds and a guy who’s able to cope with her inherent weirdness. 


She has a red living room, decorated with far more zebra print than most people could bear and fights a constant battle with her addiction to Coca-Cola.




No comments:

Post a Comment