Background

Sunday, March 18, 2018

New Release: Neighborhood Watch by Stylo Fantome + Review!








Title: Neighborhood Watch
Series: Twin Estates #4
Author: Stylo Fantôme
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 19, 2018



Blurb

Rules to Join The Neighborhood Watch:

1. If you see something, say something

2. Report all illegal activities to the authorities

3. Do not associate with criminals

4. And certainly don't fall for them!

Tori Bellows is a really good friend. She's always there when a shoulder is needed to cry on, to give dating advice, or for a good ol' time. Now, though, Tori is the one who needs a shoulder to lean on when she's in a tough spot. But all of her friends are too busy with their own lives.

Enter the Twin Estates' resident bad boy, Landon Edenhoff. When he offers her an all expenses paid vacation, she's immediately suspicious - he's rarely nice and his intentions are never good. But she's ready for a change of scenery and knows she can give as good as she gets from Mr. Rude & Nasty himself.

After all, how bad could this neighbor really be?






Review:

4 stars
****


This was a pretty good book. This is Landon and Tori's book. Landon Edenhoff is Liam's (from the rest of the Twin Estates series books) twin brother. He is an unemployed doctor with a drug problem, staying with his brother, and is often a jerk to everyone around him. Tori has also been in the other books in the series as the roommate of Katya and good friend to Liam, along with managing the club he owns. Tori is normally a happy, fun-loving girl, but she is going through a hard time, because she has developed feelings for Liam that are not reciprocated. Liam has stopped his manwhoring to start a serious relationship with Ayumi and Tori realizes she will never have a chance with him, which is also making working with him awkward. Also, Katya is now in a serious relationship and Tori just feels alone and in a weird place. When a case of mistaken identity results in Tori hooking up with Landon, the two realize they have chemistry and begin an odd attraction. Landon, bored and looking to get out of town, sees that Tori is struggling and invites her on a trip to Bali with him. I won't go into too much more detail about the plot because it would spoil it. But adventure, suspense, super sexy times and, eventually, love ensues.

I really liked Tori. She was a breath of fresh air, despite being down on her luck- snarky, smart and funny. If you are reality tv junkie like me and watch Vanderpump Rules, she was the gorgeous, tell-it-like-it-is La La in my head. I liked Landon, but he was a jerk a lot at first. It took me a while to fully trust him and his feelings for Tori. He had a hard past, an addiction problem, family and job issues, as well as a chip on his shoulder. Still, I did end up liking him by the end and thought they were a good match. The two of them helped each other be better people and get their lives together. This book has a cinematic, action-adventure movie feeling as Tori and Landon travel in other countries. Parts of it were also very "Locked Up Abroad" feeling as well. The second half of the book has a good bit of separation between the couple and then they came back together pretty close to the end. I wanted a bit more happy times together. Overall, though, this was a sexy, exciting, funny and, at times, emotional book. I enjoyed Landon and Tori's story a lot. I look forward to more from Stylo Fantome and the Twin Estates gang!




Purchase Links

99c for release week

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







Also Available


$1.99 for release week

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



$1.99 for release week

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



99c for release week

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio


Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.


Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment