Background

Sunday, March 25, 2018

New Release: Stone by Max Monroe + Review!







Stone 
by Max Monroe



 Blurb: 

First, hate. Then, want. But in the end? Heartbreak. My celebrity life was supposed to be easy, and this movie was the biggest break of my career. But from the moment Officer Levi Fox gave me a speeding ticket on my way into town, he’s been nothing but a thorn in my side. Dominant. Cocky. Callous. Midnight blue eyes, a bad attitude, and muscles for days, he’s exactly the kind of man I should avoid. But as the Cold, Montana Police Department’s official movie liaison, he’s taken up a permanent place in my life that I can’t shake. We fight. A lot. Then, we kiss—and my carefully crafted hate toward him no longer feels so much like hate. I’m falling falling falling. But how often do alpha-jerks cushion the landing? 


 Note: Levi and Ivy’s story will continue in Book Two—Cold.


Disclaimer: Please ensure your imaginary seatbelt is fastened…tightly. This ride wild, sexy, bumpy, and angsty AF, and without a restraint, you’re liable to get bruised.

Disclaimer for the disclaimer: Sadly, there are no imaginary seatbelts for e-reader devices. Therefore, the authors cannot be held accountable for any broken devices due to the emotions STONE’s wild, crazy, fast-paced, and intense story may invoke.









Buy Links: 

CURRENTLY AT A SPECIAL RELEASE PRICE OF $0.99!





REVIEW:

4.25 stars
****



This was a really good book! There were parts that pissed me off but it made me feel strong emotions and I was engrossed in the story. Stone is book one in the Stone Cold Fox trilogy. This is Ivy and Levi's story. Ivy is Hollywood actress and movie star. She is in the small town of Cold, Montana to film a big movie based on a true story that took place there. She is playing the part of Grace, a police woman who solved a case unraveling the mystery of serial killer killing young women in their small town. Grace was killed by the serial killer. The townspeople are happy to have the movie crew in their town memorializing her, and happy to share what they know about Grace and the case. All except for Levi Stone. He was Grace's police partner and he is angry at life, but especially angry that Ivy is there thinking she can do justice to the kind of person Grace was. The police chief names him as liaison for the movie crew, especially to Ivy. He is supposed to answer questions about the case and make sure everything is portrayed correctly. But he hates this job. He judges Ivy before he even knows her and treats her awfully. They spend more and more time together and start to develop feelings for each other, but things are very complicated between them throughout the book.

The story unfolds in a very mysterious way. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered and, even at the end of this book, we are left with more and more questions. We know that Grace was killed by a serial killer that she was investigating, who turned out to be the town doctor and coroner. But we don't know much more than that. There are some clues, but no clear picture yet. A few things point to the fact that Levi may have had a romantic relationship with or feelings towards Grace, but we don't know for sure yet. 

This book is different than most of Max Monroe's funny, sexy rom-coms. It is angsty, emotional and suspenseful. I really loved Ivy. She is awesome- a funny, sarcastic, sweet and very real type person. Think Emma Stone. She was serious about her job and that was pretty much all she thought about. Levi, I liked at times , but he pissed me off a lot. He was a very unhappy, messed up person. The death of his police partner and good friend, Grace, really messed him up. He has a huge chip on his shoulder and he hates Ivy on sight. He unfairly judged her and treated her really poorly. He starts to see that Ivy is actually a great person, but he continues to treat her badly. She can see that he is really hurting and she is sympathetic. They have an attraction and share a few kisses (but that's it in this book), only for Levi to pull away again. I understood his behavior because it is obvious he is still wrecked by Grace's death and the movie has made all of his feelings come back tenfold. So I forgave him and thought he was starting to maybe open up to Grace a little. But he does something that is nearly a dealbreaker for me at the end of the book.  It is really heartbreaking to read how much that hurts Ivy. It made me really hurt for her. It will be very hard for him to come back from that for me. I am not sure if I can forgive that without some epic grovel. This book does end with a cliffhanger and I was not very happy with how it ended. I really hope that is resolved quickly and done away with soon in the next book. Still, I can't wait to read the next two books in the series because I'm really rooting for these two to get an HEA. 

Overall, I liked this book a lot. Stone was emotional, sexy, funny, and suspenseful. There's a lot of good stuff going on in this book, despite a few piss-me-off-moments. I loved the matchy names of Levi and Ivy. I adored Ivy's character. The pace was fast moving and mysterious. I was totally engrossed in the story of Ivy and Levi. I can not wait to find out the rest of their story in Cold and Fox! 











STONE COLD FOX TRILOGY SPOTIFY PLAYLIST: https://goo.gl/tcha9q



The other 2 books in the series are already up for preorder.

o COLD (Book #2): Release date April 22nd, 2018

o FOX (Book #3): Release date May 20th, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment