Background

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Review: On Broken Wings by Chanel Cleeton




4.25-4.5 stars
****

 Ahhh! This was so good! I just love this series! I've been waiting for Easy's story since I first met him in Fly With Me, and I was not disappointed! 


A fighter pilot, Easy/Alex fell in love at first sight with Dani. He first saw her across a room at a party for his squadron. Five minutes later, he was introduced to her by her husband, his new squadron leader, Joker. He was crushed to find out she was married, but he put it aside and they became good friends. He helped her out when Joker was on assignment, including holding her hand during some really hard times.   Dani was very much in love and happy with her husband. Then Joker was killed in a plane crash. Dani goes through a terrible, tough time as she mourns her husband. Even a year after the death, she has pushed everyone away and been in limbo for the year. After a chance run in with Easy at the home improvement store, Dani realizes how much she's missed his friendship. Easy wants to help Dani, so he offers to help her as she gets her house ready to sell. 



As the spend more time together, Easy falls more in love with Dani, but he doesn't think she sees him as more than a friend and he would never act on his feelings first. But even though, she never saw him that way before, she does start to develop feelings for him. He is the only one she can count on to treat her normal and lift her spirits. He is there whenever she needs him. Easy gets ready to deploy and Dani is scared that something will happen to him, like it did to Joker. She tells him so, makes a move and they both give in to their feelings. But they both got more then they bargained for.   Dani is full of guilt about being with someone besides her husband. But she comes to terms with her feelings while Easy is deployed, realizes how much she cares for him, and once he comes back, they decide to start a relationship.



I loved Easy and Dani. Easy was an easy-going, charming guy. He loved Dani so much that he was willing to do anything to make her happy. He was sweet and sexy. Dani was going through a dark time and it was easy to see how her friendship with Easy helped her return to the land of the living. She began to rely on him to be happy. Their transition for best friends to a romantic relationship was a slow burn and it was very realistic. It was a natural progression. The sensitivity that the relationship needed in order for me to be happy with the outcome was definitely there. I am always worried that a book with a "dead ex" will not work for me, because I won't believe that the new love is not a consolation prize. In this book, I felt like Dani's two loves were equal in her eyes. Easy was exactly what she needed in order to heal and go on to be happy again. 



I also enjoyed catching up with Jordan, Noah, and Eric and Becca's lives from the first two books in the series. 



I started this book at 11:30pm, thinking I would read for a few minutes before falling asleep. I could not stop reading and ended up devouring the book in one sitting. It was such a sweet story. I am definitely going to have to re-read it asap so that I can savor it this time. I know that my review can not do this book justice. I cannot fully describe all the feelings it evoked for me. Overall, I very much enjoyed Dani and Easy's story. I hope there is more to come from this series, as it is becoming one of my faves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment