Background

Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: Just Like That by Nicola Rendell



Just Like That
by Nicola Rendell


4.5 stars
****

Loved this book, as I do all of Ms. Rendell's books! This is Penny and Russ's story. Penny is returning home to her small town on the Gulf Coast from a trip. She meets Russ at the baggage claim at the airport and thinks he is cute, but she is on a self-imposed "Man Diet" after some bad relationships in her past. So she turns down his offer to go out. Russ is in town for a job, but he must hide his job from Penny at first. He is attracted to her and wants to see her while he is in town for the week, though, and is disappointed when she turns him down. But fate has other plans, when Penny and Russ's identical suitcases get switched. Russ returns Penny's suitcase to her at her home (going by the address tag on it) and after talking to him more, she gives into his advances and agrees to go out with him. They find they just click and spend the week together, getting to know each other, and falling in love. But they must decide if this is a vacation fling or if they can have a future together. 

This is a very sweet, character driven romance. I loved Penny and Russ. They were both really great characters with great depth. I felt like they were an awesome match, perfect for each other. Russ was so hot and sweet with Penny. He knew he had found the perfect woman for him and was not willing to let her go. I loved that Penny was a very sweet, good girl, but that Russ brought out her naughty side. There is insta-lust going on that leads to love pretty quickly. I definitely felt like it was fate that brought these two together. Their chemistry was smoking too!
I loved Guppy, Penny's dog too. I also loved the small town atmosphere, along with the quirky, funny townsfolk. I was happy that there was very little angst and that the main conflict was that the couple lived in separate states. Also, this book is completely safe with no OM/OW drama or discussion of past loves, etc. The story is interesting and funny. There were some crazy, kooky and funny parts (Like a "baddie" that was into the Furry scene). The writing was good, as usual, too.

Overall, I just really enjoyed this book! I want to re-read this book ASAP so that I can savor it more because I really just loved it. This book is such a good, super sweet read! It ties with Hail Mary for my favorite Nicola Rendell read, and she is quickly becoming one of my very favorite authors. I can't wait for more from her in the future!


****

Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Like-That-Nicola-Rendell-ebook/dp/B06Y3NBVQC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492480507&sr=1-1&keywords=Just+Like+That

No comments:

Post a Comment