Background

Monday, April 3, 2017

Review: Menace and Grievous (Scarlet Scars duet) by J. M. Darhower




The Scarlet Scars Duet 
by J. M. Darhower



4.5-4.75 stars

****

Warning: this review contains gushing. It will probably be all over the place too. Sorry, not sorry. 

I am in love with this duet! Totally in love. Best books I've read in a long time, probably up there on my all time favorites, too. So damn unique and clever! They were dark, sexy and suspenseful but still had lighter, funny moments. 

This is Lorenzo and Morgan's story. I won't go into a lot of detail, because I think it's best to go in blind. Lorenzo runs an organized crime ring. Morgan is a stripper who has a big agenda to get revenge on past wrongs. But there is so much more to them than that. They both hold a lot of secrets and dangerous pasts. But when they meet and come together, their chemistry is off-the-charts explosive! 

Logically, I know these aren't for everyone. There is violence, abuse, rape, etc. They were not safe, kind of dirty, dangerous and gritty. But something about it all created magic for me. I was in love from the beginning. I devoured these as fast as I could. I couldn't put them down.

I loved Lorenzo and Morgan so hard. Especially Lorenzo. Gah! I want him. They were a perfect match for each other in all ways. Their banter and chemistry was hot, not to mention their sexy times. They were really funny, in some pretty serious situations, too. It was so fun to see them both start developing feelings for each other and having no clue what to do about it. I loved the side characters, especially Leo. I loved the pop culture references to Star Wars, The Lion King and the Wizard of Oz throughout the books. 

My only complaint was that I wish there was an epilogue. But other than that, I just loved these books. I was greedy for more. 

This duet was a sexy, adventure from start to finish and I loved every word of it! What a wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment