Background

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Review: Wolf, Interrupted by Jillian Stone



Wolf, Interrupted 
by Jillian Stone



2.75 -3 stars
***

This was a rather strange book to me. This is Elle and Abelseth's story. Elle is a botanist and she happens to witness an attack at a train station, so she reports it to the police. The investigator is Abelseth. He is a wolf shifter and he can tell that Elle is keeping a secret. They are attracted to each other, but they must quickly go on the run when rival packs attempt to kidnap Elle. Abelseth protects Elle along the way and they develop feelings for each other. They soon find that maybe fate had a hand in bringing them together for a reason. 

This was a pretty quick and fast paced book. There is action and suspense. I liked the eerie, mysterious atmosphere the book provided. This was a different world built and different feeling than any other shifter book I have read. The book is set in London and I thought it felt very "Sherlock Holmes" inspired. I liked Elle and Abelseth as much as I knew them, but I felt like this book could have been longer so that we could have gotten to know them more. Also, I hate the name Abelseth (and his nickname Abby). It has to be one of the worst character names I've read. 

The ending of this book was one of the oddest I've ever read. It was almost like this was an unfinished book. I was left with so many questions and unexplained plot threads. It was a shame, because I was enjoying the book until the ending. I really had no idea what to think. Overall, though, I did enjoy the book until the ending. I will need to think about whether I want to read more from this series in the future or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment