Background

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

New Release: Drawn to Him Anthology + Review & Excerpt!












Drawn to Him website

http://www.drawntohimcollection.com










There are some men who make you helpless.

You know the kind.  They steal the breath from your lungs and make your heart beat a little faster with a single look.  You can’t stop staring, but the moment they pin those gorgeous eyes on you, you’re done for.

The kind that’s too hard to resist.

This is a collection of men just like that.

Handsome, confident and all for you.


These are the other authors involved with this collection, M. Never, L.J. Shen, K. Webster, Jade West, Isabella Starling, A. Zavarelli and K.L Kreig.



Excerpt from Infatuation by Willow Winters

“You’re very handsome, Mr. Kulls.”  I finally give in to a bit of my desire, and pick up the glass of wine, holding on to it for support in this decision.

His grin widens and he leans forward just slightly to say, “Alec, Lila.  My name is Alec to you.”  He pauses for a moment, then flashes me a smirk and adds, “Unless of course you’d like to scream 'Mr. Kulls' in bed?”

My face heats instantly as he rises from his seat to attend to the beeping oven and he's quick to say, “I do believe Alec may be easier.”

The sweet wine touches my lips and the taste is delicious, but I can’t think of anything other than this man on top of me, making me scream as he thrusts inside of me repeatedly.

“I think you’ve maybe thought a little too far ahead, Mr.- Alec,” I’m quick to correct myself.  I watch as he works in the oven, turning the chicken breasts and then setting the tongs back down on the counter before coming back to his seat.

“Mmm, that could be,” he says picking up his glass, but not sitting.  I cross my ankles and turn in my seat to face him.

“This isn’t very professional,” I tell him with a serious look, or at least the most serious I can manage.  He shrugs his shoulders and then takes a sip from his glass.

“Do you want it to be?” he asks and then adds, “That’s fine if you do.  I understand the attraction may only be on my end.”

My heart thumps hard in my chest.  I don’t think this man knows how to be subtle.  He’s honest and to the point.  But I admire that.

“It’s definitely not just one-sided,” I admit, and then bite my tongue.  I'm thinking I should add that this is dangerous for me.  I could lose my job.  More than that though, this man could crush me.  I’ve never had a one-night stand because I know I don’t really do casual.  I’ve been wined and dined and then thrown away before.  It hurts too much.

I don’t recover easily, and I prefer to avoid relationships.  But it’s been so long since I’ve been touched.

Alec’s deep voice rumbles, “That’s good to know.”  I don’t think a man has ever looked at me with the same level of desire.  It’s tempting and frightening all the same.

“So, tomorrow?” he asks me, and my brow furrows with confusion.

“Tomorrow?” I repeat.

He smiles at me, and the smell of his cologne, or maybe his natural scent hits me with a powerful force that makes me lean in closer to him.

“Would you like to go out with me tomorrow?” he asks.

His gray eyes swirl with a mixture of desire and something else--a desperate need.  I nod my head slowly and say, “I’d love to.”














My Review:

3.5 stars
***

This was a really good collection of stories! Some of these were new-to-me authors some of them were authors I've read and enjoyed before. Here are my thoughts:

Infatuation by Willow Winters - 3.75 stars. This was a really interesting story. Suspenseful and a little eerie feeling. I wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but I was intrigued. It felt like this could be the a prequel or beginning of a new series. I wanted more. There was so much more to going on and I had lots of questions! Still, I enjoyed this story, even with all it's mystery.

The Billionaire's Beginning by M. Never - 3.5 stars. This was a really good, sweet and sexy story. Simone and Ty were good characters and a great couple. 

Doctor Dreamy by L.J. Shen - 3.5 stars. This was another good story. This is Rhys and Savannah's story. Savannah just got a new job as a secretary at a pediatrician's office. Rhys is the pediatrician. He is older than she is and a little cold and cruel at first. I was unsure about him for a while and unsure about their chemistry, but I liked it by the end. This story was sexy, funny and a little unbelievable, but still enjoyable.

Fifth Avenue Blues by Jade West - 4 stars. This one was my favorite. It was really good! A second chance romance between two former high school friends. It was the perfect HEA for a small town boy turned famous actor and his sexy librarian girl. This story was sexy, sweet and dirty in Jade West's style! 

Date Night by Isabella Starling - 3 stars. This story started off good and was intriguing, but I felt like it fizzled out. I found it weird and creepy, but not sexy. I didn't really feel any emotion or like either character. Overall, it wasn't bad but it wasn't my fave.

Bad Cop by A. Zavarelli - 2-2.5 stars. This is a second chance love story between a town cop and a returned bad girl who the whole town hates. I didn't really like either Justice or Ginger. They both acted petty and childish, doing stupid things to hurt each other. There were also a lot of plot holes. I didn't really enjoy this one.

One Night by KL Kreig - 3.25-3.5 stars. This story was not bad. This was a second chance love story between a couple that met at a wedding 4 years ago and had a one night stand. It was a little too angsty for my personal taste. The character name of Saine was not my favorite. The story started off messy and I thought there might be 3 possible love interests. It was a lot going on for a short story. The H/h were just okay for me. I didn't love either of them and felt they both acted immaturely and pushed each other's buttons to be mean. They both slept with many other people over a 4 year separation even though they later claim they fell in love the night they met. I especially didn't think it was necessary that the h slept with her best guy friend/bandmate. The writing was good, but this story had too many of my pet peeves to totally love it. Still, I did enjoy it. 

Overall, this is a good collection of stories! Some sexy, suspenseful, funny and sweet moments! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment