Background

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Review: Completely by Ruthie Knox



Completely
by Ruthie Knox



3 stars
***

 This book was only okay for me. This book is about a Kal and Rosemary. Kal is working at an ice doctor as a favor to a friend on Mount Everest. Rosemary is a well-to-do British lady with big plans to climb the 7 highest mountains in the world and write a book about it. She is climbing Everest for the first time when there is an avalanche. Rosemary gets to safety, but many are killed. She meets Kal and they come together to comfort each other in their shock and grief. They find they have a connection and they end up spending time together after the disaster, which leads to them falling for each other. But they lead very different lives from each other.  They have no idea how to merge their lives or if they even can, which leads to some drama, but they manage to work it out somehow in the end. 

I didn't really enjoy this book for the most part. There were many depressing parts and much of the book was slow. The characters were pretty bland and wishy washy with their feelings. Kal and Rosemary were only okay for me. They spent entirely too much time in their heads. I was frustrated by their behavior. Both were so calm and polite with no strong emotions or drive to put forth effort to be together. The ending is very open ended with them together in spirit but apart most of the time in body. The Everest climbing aspect and the Sherpa part was very interesting. I appreciate that it must have needed a lot of research to write about so in depth. I did think the book read more like women's fiction than romance. But the writing was very good. I just wasn't my personal taste. While I have enjoyed some of this author's books, the last few I have read were disappointing. I don't think that this author is for me. 

*  Completely by Ruthie Knox releases 9/26 *

 Buy link: 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ9R9VU/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

No comments:

Post a Comment