Background

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: Blood Guard by Megan Erickson



Blood Guard 
by Megan Erickson


Blood Guard is the first book in the Mission series by Megan Erickson!

BLURB:

Enter a world of immortal danger and desire—and discover an incredible fate borne of blood.

Tendra: One minute, I’m a bartender in gritty Mission City; the next, I’m whisked away by a vampire named Athan who tells me that I’m the lifeblood of his clan. It sounds unbelievable, but he’s got evidence I can’t deny. Turns out, Athan belongs to an underground society of vampires who feed only on humans with their consent. Their enemies have no such qualms, and they want me dead. The only thing standing in their way is strong, sexy Athan. And the closer we get, the more tempted I am to let Athan feed. . . .

Athan: How could I have known when I snatched this snarky, beautiful human off the streets that she would change mydestiny? As a loyal soldier, I must deliver Tendra to our future king—my brother. Empowered with the blood of ten generations of the Gregorie breed, she is fated to rule as our queen. But there’s something between us that’s so intoxicating, so carnal, I can’t help wanting Tendra for myself . . . even if it’s treason.





BUY LINKS:

Amazon → http://amzn.to/2uIBefL
iBooks → http://apple.co/2uLVw4t
Nook → http://bit.ly/2fJ7jhi
Kobo → http://bit.ly/2vZ4aQX


And have you picked up my free prequel yet? It's a complete story in the Mission series world! → https://www.instafreebie.com/free/4xBMx






REVIEW: 

3.75 stars
****


This was a pretty good book. This is Tendra and Athan's story. Tendra works in a bar in Mission City. Her single mother recently died and she doesn't have many friends, so she leads a lonely life. One night, Athan shows up at the bar she works at and then follows her home. He tells her a crazy story that he proves to her is true, by showing her a letter her mother left her. Athan is a vampire, the second son of the Gregorie vampire clan's king. Tendra is fated to be the Sanguavita, the blood queen, that prophecy fortells will save the clan and the future of the human race. She is a human with very strong blood passed down through her family. She is meant to marry Idris, Athan's brother and heir to the throne, and feed him with her blood, which will make him strong enough to defeat the rival vampire clan, the Valerians. Athan is meant to be her blood guard, to protect her with his life, and to bring her to his brother at the castle. Tendra is skeptical at first, but she believes soon believes him. Together, the begin a journey through underground tunnels to take her to Idris. Along the way though, they become close and fall in love. It is heartbreaking to them that they cannot be together, but they soon discover that everything is not it appears. There are some exciting times, adventure, suspense, sexiness and love for them along the way but they get their HEA. 

I really liked the book. It took me awhile to get used to the writing style. The writing felt a little young feeling. It came off as almost YA, but there were sexy times. Some things were cheesy and sometimes I didn't feel the emotions that I was supposed to. But the story was interesting and original. I liked Athan and Tendra. Athan was strong, silent, but protective and very sweet. Tendra was supposed to be badass and funny. I liked her but I wasn't blown away by her personality. Still, I believed in their love and they felt like they were meant to be together. The way the vampire world is built here is interesting. I like the possibilities for more books in this series in the future too. 

Overall, I enjoyed this book and will definitely continue this series in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment