Background

Monday, February 11, 2019

Review: Styx by Layla Frost






Styx
by Layla Frost


Concrete.

Next to me. In front of me. Behind me. Below me.
It mocks me.
My prison.
My hell.

I don’t know who I am. Where I am. How long I’ve been here.
Decades? Centuries?
It’s felt like an eternity.

For all the unknowns, one truth has grown stronger with the torturous passing of time...
I wish I was dead.

Or, at least, I did until I heard her.
She gives me hope. A purpose.
Freedom.

I follow her, soaking in everything she does and growing more dependent. Never in my long life have I seen anyone so perfect.

Now I just have to find a way to make her hear me.

And being able to see me would probably help, too…

Warning: This book is NOT a dark romance, though it is still recommended for readers 18+ due to strong adult language, themes, and lovin’ so good, it must be magicks.
 







Buy Links:








Review:


3.5 stars
***


 This was a pretty good book! Styx is a paranormal romance. This is Denny and Nate's book. Denny is a girl who had a rough childhood, but recently inherited her grandmother's house and things are looking up. That is, until she starts hearing a voice in the house. She thinks it must be a ghost or she is going crazy. But it turns out, there is magicks at work in the form one very hot guy named Nate. I don't want to give too much away so I'll leave it at that.

I did think this book took a little while to get going and for the world building to set up the action. But once it got going, I really enjoyed it. I liked Nate a lot. He was perfect and he adored Denny. I liked Denny too, but she had her moments where she was a little immature. Still, I wasn't bothered too much. They make a good couple together and balance each other well. There is a bit of a slow burn. This is a paranormal series and I felt like some of the details about who the characters really were, what it all meant, and their abilities was a little vague, but those questions do get answered more in book two (which I read after reading this book). I did like the writing and the story, as well as the characters and side characters. The series setup and world building is intriguing, too.

Overall, this book was a fun, easy read. There was humor, heat and magic! I am definitely sucked into the series now and can't wait to read more!



No comments:

Post a Comment