Background

Friday, November 29, 2019

New Release: The Witch's Gift by C. C. Wood + Review!




99¢ Suprise release from C. C. Wood!
 A quick holiday novella you can read while you're waiting in line for Black Friday shopping or if you're staying in to avoid the crowds

Blurb:

I wanted to escape the family holiday celebration for a little while. Especially the warlocks Aunt Fenella keeps trying to set me up with. They're all the same. Polite. Good-looking. Boring. So I found a nice quiet bar and planned to have a drink. Maybe flirt with someone cute.

Instead, I meet the hottest man I've ever seen.

And he's a werewolf.

The truce between the witches and the shifter pack of Dallas is new, and I'm still wary. I should stay way from him but I can see the pain in Blake's eyes and the grief that surrounds him.

He needs comfort. Even if it's just for tonight.

I never expected one night with him to change everything. How do I go back to my normal life after love at first bite?

*Originally published as The Witch and the Wolf in A Very Werey Christmas anthology.
 






Review:


3.75 stars
****


 The Witch's Gift was a fun, quick read. This is Candela and Blake's story. Candela is visiting her family for the Holidays. Her aunt has been trying to fix her up with boring men and she is tired of it. So she escapes for the night to a bar where she meets a hot werewolf named Blake. Holiday cheer and sparks fly in this sexy and sweet tale.

I enjoyed this story. Candela and Blake make a good couple, if a little light on the chemistry front. Also, the story felt a little on the short side for a standalone book, but that did not hamper my enjoyment. Overall, though, The Witch's Gift was an entertaining, fun, sweet and sexy read to curl up with on a cold Winter's night.

No comments:

Post a Comment