Background

Monday, April 27, 2020

New Release: Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchet + Review!








Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchet is now available! 


THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES

Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission: break into Starbase 12 and free renowned scientist Reena Ahern. She's the only one who stands a chance of tipping the odds in their favor for the first time in decades.

BUT PULLING OFF THE IMPOSSIBLE IS WHAT THEY DO BEST

The clock is ticking. But as their attraction builds and secrets are revealed, Tess and Shade must decide if they trust each other enough to execute this impossible prison break. They could change the course of history, but they'll be risking everything... They'll just have to tackle one crisis at a time.



Video trailer: https://www.facebook.com/AmandaBouchetAuthor/videos/863622210667816/

Buy Links: https://books2read.com/StarbreakerAmandaBouchet






Review

3-3.25 stars
***


 Starbreaker is the second book in the Endeavor series and the continuation of Tess and Shade's story. In book one, Nightchaser, we met Tessa and her crew of space outlaws on the run from an evil overlord. While I didn't totally love book one, I enjoyed it in general and was intrigued enough to keep reading the series. The story continues in this book, where Tessa and Shade try to keep themselves alive and hidden while continuing to help those in need. Unfortunately, I didn't totally love this book either. Starbreaker was an okay read for me, but it had more negatives than positives in my opinion.

Starting out, I was a bit confused by the world building and I could have used a recap on the main series storyline. The intricacies in the story felt complicated, without enough explanation. The writing was rather dry and often slow moving. I wanted more romance between Tess and Shade to keep me interested. Tess didn't act like she loved Shade. She was much more focused on the rest of her life and problems, while he didn't seem that important to her. Shade adored her and she was his everything, but he was not hers'. There was a lot of angst and doubt between them, but very few happy moments. I didn't like Tess as much as in book one because of her treatment of Shade. But it wasn't just that that kept me from loving the book. I didn't find the story and writing interesting or compelling enough to keep my interest. I found it a bit of a chore to finish. I can't help feeling that this series lacks the charm of the Kingmaker Chronicles series, which I liked a lot. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I care enough about the characters or storyline to keep reading this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment