Background

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

New Release: Cupid's Bow by Heather R. Blair + Review!




Cupid's Bow 
by Heather R. Blair


Love is bullshit.

My name is Cupid. Yes, that Cupid. Only forget the wings and cherubic image. I don't do hearts and flowers. Those days are long over. 

I ran away from Olympus and my messed-up family centuries ago. Sin City is my home now, far from the sins of my youth. But when I walk into a bar called Pandora’s Box on Valentine’s Day, that past is about to catch up with me in the form of a cute bartender with freckles on her nose.

Katie isn't interested in anything but a good time. She's sexy, bold, and best of all? She doesn't believe in love anymore than I do. The perfect woman for a night of fun. 

But the Fates have other ideas...




Buy link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079199TRH

Available on KU!






Review:



4.25 stars
****

 This book was so darn cute and clever! I loved this novella. This is Cupid (Cue)'s story. Yes, the cherubic baby-looking guy with the arrow. Only he's not a baby, that is just the image put out by his vindictive brother over the years. He's actually a super hot Greek God. He spends a lot of time in the mortal world, which is where he happens to be on Valentine's Day, nursing his broken heart in a bar. He was betrayed by his first love long ago, which left him bitter and anti-love and relationships. In that bar, he meets Katie, the cute bartender. When the two meet, sparks fly. They have a hot, no-strings encounter that leads to more encounters as they happen to run into each other around town. Neither one of them want a relationship or even believe that love is possible or a real emotion. But, as they spend more time together, will they change their minds? What will happen when Cue's sins from the past come back to threaten his future with Katie?

I love Ms. Blair's world building and this book is no exception. Her PNR worlds are so detailed. This book was so fun and super sexy. I loved both Cue and Katie. This book is from Cue's POV. I feel like I would have liked Katie's POV as well. I wanted to know more about why she was not interested in love and relationships. Still, I definitely felt the connection and love between them. It was really funny to see Cupid, first as so anti-love, and then change his mind and find love when he least expected it. I would love more from this world. I was intrigued by Cue's siblings and would love to have their stories, as well. Overall, I really enjoyed this fun, sexy and clever book. I can't wait to see what Ms. Blair comes up with next!


No comments:

Post a Comment