Background

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

New Release: Smitten by the Brit by Melonie Johnson + Review!





Smitten by the Brit by Melonie Johnson is now available!



DEFINITELY, MAYBE...OR LOVE, ACTUALLY? 

English professor Bonnie Blythe expects her life to play out like her favorite novels, especially now that her long-term boyfriend has finally proposed. So when a shocking discovery leads Bonnie to end her engagement, she decides to close the book on love. But the plot thickens when a brand-new character enters the scene—and quickens Bonnie's heart.

With his brilliant blue eyes, sexy accent, and irresistible charm, Theo Wharton is like a romantic hero straight out of a Jane Austen novel. When fate places Bonnie in England for a summer—conveniently close to Theo—she realizes a hot friends-with-benefits fling is exactly what she needs to start a fresh chapter. Just as Bonnie begins to believe she's falling in love, an eye-opening revelation into Theo's life makes Bonnie feel like she's wandered into one of her favorite books. Will Bonnie have the courage to risk her heart and turn the page with the dashing Brit to find her true happy ending after all?
 



Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Smitten-Brit-Sometimes-Love-Book-ebook/dp/B07H7DM9FF/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=



+




REVIEW:

3.75 stars
***



 This was a pretty good book! Smitten by the Brit is book two in the Sometimes in Love series. I had not read book one the series, but it worked fine as a standalone. This is Bonnie and Theo's book. Bonnie's best friend is marrying Theo's best friend and they have felt an attraction since they met. But Bonnie has had a boyfriend so nothing ever developed. When Bonnie's relationship blows up spectacularly, Theo consoles her and they have a one night stand. Bonnie does not feel ready for a relationship and Theo is a British Duke who must marry well for his family. But, when Bonnie gets the chance to teach in London, she and Theo begin spending more and more time together, falling for each other along the way. 

I liked this story, but I felt like it was a slow starter. I found the book hard to get into at first and it was hard for me to feel chemistry between the characters or a connection to them. But as I kept reading, I liked the book more and felt it turned out pretty good for me. Overall, the book was sweet, sexy and romantic. I liked Bonnie and Theo. I felt bad for all that Bonnie had gone through. Theo was a little overly polite at first, but he turned out to be strong and sexy. I liked the way their romance progressed and seeing them fall for each other. I felt the love and connection between them by the end, but I was a little disappointed that no "I love you"s were ever exchanged. I wanted a little more resolution and an epilogue at the end. Still, this was a mainly enjoyable read. I liked the literary references too. 

Overall, I enjoyed Smitten by the Brit. This was my first read by Melonie Johnson and I will probably read more from her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment