Background

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

New Release: The Bet by Max Monroe + Review!

 



The Bet by Max Monroe is now available!


Blurb:

When it comes to life’s fun and games, always know:
The rules.
What’s at stake.
When to quit.
Wise words from…well…my fortune cookie. But wise words, nonetheless.
I just wish the Fortune Cookie People had considered how hard the whole “knowing when to quit” would be to carry out when a woman like me is gambling with her feelings.
Heart-palpitating, vageen-tingling, butterflies-in-my-belly feelings for a noncommittal, hot-as-sin player by the name of Jude Winslow.
After a crazy night where we were both pretending to be someone else, I’ve found myself immersed in the fun of the fling.
The thrill.
The irresistible charm.
The pleasure of being with a man like him.
Problem is, I’m positive he’s the exact opposite of husband material, and that is a serious issue for someone who is fixated on finding her happily ever after.
I know the rules and I know the stakes, oh wise Fortune Cookie.
Now I’d just like to know how close to self-destruction I have to get before I find the will to quit Jude Winslow.
Goodness knows, when your heart is on the line, you can’t ante up your bet with an IOU.

***THE BET is LIVE NOW + FREE IN KU!***

★Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/TheBetEbook
★Amazon Paperback: COMING SOON!




Review:

3.5 stars
***

 This book was pretty good and is definitely a departure for Max Monroe. The Bet is the first book in the Winslow brothers series and is Jude and Sophie's story. Jude is Winnie's brother and a club manager and consultant. He happens to be at a club working when he makes a bet with his friend, a male stripper, that he can take the stripper's place for the evening. He ends up stripping for a bachelorette party group. Sophie's twin sister is the bride, but she is shy and hates being put on the spot. So she and Sophie switch places for the night, landing Sophie in the hot seat getting a lap dance from Jude, who thinks she's the bride. Which is very awkward when they have a connection and chemistry. But when later on Jude finds out that Sophie is not the bride and is single, all bets are off. Jude is not the settling down type. He is the guy who only has one night stands and nothing serious. But he is drawn to Sophie, even though she is definitely looking for a long term relationship. Things get complicated when they embark on a no strings fling, but feelings develop and they fall in love.

I give Max Monroe points for going into more serious and sexy territory in this book. It is less silly and wacky and definitely hotter. I enjoyed the story and appreciate a different side of this author duo. I liked Sophie. She was sweet. But I didn't totally love Jude and found him to be a tough sell. He came off kind of smarmy at times. His manwhore history and commitment phobia was a turn off. I hated that he called her babe, almost like he couldn't remember her name. I didn't hate Jude, but I found him insincere. There were a lot of sexy times in this book, but I didn't find a ton of chemistry there to back them up. I was happy that Jude and Sophie got their HEA, but I didn't really feel the love between them, even though they ardently professed it. Still, the story was good and entertaining. It kept my attentioon and I enjoyed it. So, overall, I did enjoy this book. I am really looking forward to the other books in the series and Jude's three brothers stories!




No comments:

Post a Comment