Background

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review: The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne





I had the pleasure of finding a new-to-me author this year, whose work I loved, Kerrigan Byrne. I binge-read her Victorian Rebels series and loved them. The Highwayman was one of my favorite books of the year and one of the best books I've ever read. Here is my review: 



4.5 stars
****


 The Highwayman was one of the best books I've read this year. So romantic, suspenseful, and emotional. This is Dorian and Farah's book and is set in Victorian times. I won't go into much detail about the plot because I think it's best to go into this one blind. But I will say theirs' is an epic romance that spans years. I loved the romance between the Blackheart and his Fairy!

The Highwayman was a fast-paced page-turner. There were lots of unpredictable twists and turns and amazing characters. The story was original and the writing exemplary. The swoon-worthy romance between Farah and Dorian was epic. This has to be one of the most romantic books I've ever read. There was no doubt that this couple were meant for each other. Their love suspended time and circumstances. Both had been through so much, especially Dorian. But the way they loved each other was truly amazing. The ending was so freaking sweet too. 

Overall, I just loved this book. It is going on my favorites shelf for sure. I'm so glad I coughed up the money to buy this book. This was my first book by Kerrigan Byrne and now I'm binge reading the series. I can't wait to read more from her in the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment