Background

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Love Notes Book Blog's Year in Review 2018





Happy New Year! Hello 2019!

Best wishes for an awesome 2019! I have had a great second year as a book blogger! I have read so many great books and had fun writing my reviews, interacting with reading buddies, and discovering new authors and books. I have found many hours of happiness lost in the pages of books this year. I am grateful to all my book friends for your friendship and kinship. Here’s to hoping for more awesome reads in 2019!



2018 Year in Review


In 2018, I read 288 books. That was 6 books more than 2017 so I was relatively happy with that, although I didn't hit my goal of 300 or get anywhere near my 2016 number of 475. Oh, well, hopefully I can hit my goal next year!


My goodreads page is here, if you’re curious what all I read: www.goodreads.com/user/show/24889330-kimberly-love-notes-book-blog


The first book I read in 2018: Most Likely to Score by Lauren Blakely

The last book I read in 2018: Washed Up Royal by Kim Karr

The author I have most read this year was Lexi Blake with 17 books. Followed by Lisa Renee Jones and Tessa Bailey, both with 10. 

I gave 121 books a 4 star rating or higher. 131 were 3 stars.







Favorites by category: 


Favorite Sci-fi romance- The Ice Planet Barbarians series continues to win in this genre. Crackalicious fun!

Favorite PNR or Fantasy Reads- Echoes of Fire by Suzanne Wright, Forevermore by CC Wood, Outcast by Lexi Blake and Cupid's Bow by Heather R. Blair 

Favorite Duets and Trilogies
Transcend Duet by Jewel E. Ann, Poison Kisses Trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones, Stone Cold Fox Trilogy by Max Monroe



Favorite New Adult Read- Jock Row by Sara Ney

Favorite Sports Romances- Hooked on You by Kate Meader, Sacked by Jen Frederick 

Favorite Kinky Fuckery or Super Sexy Reads- Blind Trust, After Hours and Free Trade, all by Lynda Aicher, Strictly Professional by Kathryn Nolan

Favorite Men in Uniform Romance- Jack from Indecent Exposure and Greer from Disturbing His Peace, both by Tessa Bailey


Favorite YA Read- The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen

Most Original Story- Transcend Duet by Jewel E. Ann

Favorite BDSM Romance- Beneath the Scars by Cherise Sinclair 


Favorite Historical Series- Victorian Rebels Series by Kerrigan Byrne

Favorite Adventure Romance- Blackburn by Brynne Asher


Favorite Out-of-the-box Read- Tinfoil Heart by Daisy Prescott

Favorite Second Chance Romance- So Wild by Eve Dangerfield

Favorite Bearded Hero- Roscoe from Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid


Favorite Good-kind-of-angsty BooksThe Dirty Rich series by Lisa Renee Jones. Actually anything by LRJ.


Favorite New-to-Me Author- Kerrigan Byrne 

Favorite Lighter Reads/Romantic Comedies- That Girl by Kim Jones, Jock Row by Sara Ney, #1 Crush by T. Gephart, The Billionaire's Wake Up Call Girl by Annika Martin, Stumbling into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds

Favorite Tearjerkers- Fall by Kristen Callihan, On Heart's Boardwalk by Samantha Young, and The Birthday List by Devney Perry

Favorite Contemporary Romances- Getting Schooled by Emma Chase, Unfixable and Runaway Girl, both by Tessa Bailey, and Do You Feel It Too? and Shimmy Bang Sparkle, both by NIcola Rendell


My fave authors this year have been:

Tessa Bailey- Ms Bailey never disappoints. I just love the connection I feel between her characters. She excels in chemistry and sexiness, with complicated, deep characters. 

Eve Dangerfield- Ms. Dangerfield takes me out of my comfort zone in the best way. I love her boundry pushing, kinky romance with complicated characters and deep emotions. 

Nicola Rendell- I love Ms. Rendell’s characters and their strong, sexy connection. They feel like real people you would want to be friends with. They have humor, friendship and love in spades. 

Jewel E. Ann- Always original, memorable and unpredictable, Ms. Ann’s books have strong, amazing characters. Lots of surprises, a great connection, and they will have you on the edge of your seat. 

Lexi Blake- Lexi Blake’s sexy, romantic suspense never disappoints. Her PNR series is also a fresh, sexy take on the genre. 




These are my favorite overall books for 2018:




Here are my top 15 favorite books I read in 2018:


Blind Trust by Lynda Aicher
my review

Close Cover by Lexi Blake
my review

Disturbing His Peace by Tessa Bailey
my review

Do You Feel It Too? by Nicola Rendell
my review

Getting Schooled by Emma Chase
my review

Runaway Girl by Tessa Bailey
my review

The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne
my review

Hooked on You by Kate Meader
my review

Mercenary Princess by Setta Jay
my review

Nobody Does It Better by Lexi Blake
my review

Shimmy Bang Sparkle by Nicola Rendell
my review

So Wild by Eve Dangerfield
my review

Unfixable by Tessa Bailey
my review

Up in Smoke by T. M. Frazier
my review

That Guy by Kim Jones
my review


Favorite Blogging and reading Memories of the Year:

  • Book Bonanza: I had the fun and pleasure of attending the first Book Bonanza in Denver this summer. It was such an awesome time. I got to make some great new reading friends, meet so many of my favorite authors, and soak up the atmosphere of this amazing community. I got to do some adulting, sans kids and hubby, flying by myself for the first time ever (and surviving despite my bad fear of flying) and staying in a hotel all by myself like a big girl! LOL It was a trip I will never forget. 

  • Finding the Read Me Romance Podcast and falling in lovewith it. I never really liked audiobooks because they took so long to listen to and didn't hold my attention. With this daily podcast, the audiobook sections played daily are the perfect length for me and one of the highlights of my day. Now I'm addict to listen and have also fallen for Tessa Bailey and Mel and Lea (Alexa Riley). Their chatter about life and books and everything in between brings a smile to my face. They're hilarious! If you aren't listen to this podcast, you are missing out! 


  • The reveal of the identities of Max Monroe. It was so fun meeting them and having brunch with them while in Denver for Book Bonanza. They are the sweetest, funniest, most down to earth girls and I had a blast. 

  • Watching the drama unfold when Fahleena Hopkins tried to copyright the word Cocky, resulting in a big lawsuit, the Cocktales Anthology and hilarious videos by author Kim Jones. Luckily Hopkins failed and justice prevailed. 

  • So many more memories of interacting and getting to know other readers and authors online. I love being a blogger and reader and being part of the romance community!














That's a wrap on 2018!

What about you guys? What were your 2018 favorites?

Please share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment