Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

New Release: A Treacherous Trade by Kerrigan Byrne + Review!

 




A Treacherous Trade by Kerrigan Byrne is now available!

(The Fiona Mahoney Mysteries #2)


“Forgive me…for I have sinned.”
And nothing interrupts a good confession like a murder.


Fiona Mahoney stands in the ashes of her hopes facing her tempting adversary, Inspector Grayson Croft. Her sins are about to spill from her lips, when he says the one thing that could dispel all thoughts of revelation or redemption.

Someone is leaving the corpses of prostitutes in the streets, and a name is being whispered in the fearful shadows. The name against which Fiona would sell her very soul for vengeance.

Jack the Ripper.



Old enemies and new friends join Fiona as she chases a relentless evil through the streets of Victorian London. She’ll pull upon every contact in her arsenal including Oscar Wilde, Arthur Conan Doyle, Inspector Aberline, “The Hammer” a charismatic gangster, “The Blade” an enigmatic assassin, and, of course, Jack.


Links:

All in one Links: https://bit.ly/Atreacheroustrade

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08YNBYRKY/ref=x_gr_w_glide_sin?caller=Goodreads&callerLink=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goodreads.com%2Fbook%2Fshow%2F57451077-a-treacherous-trade&tag=x_gr_w_glide_sin-20

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57451077-a-treacherous-trade



Review:


3.5-3.75 stars

***

 This was an interesting ad pretty good read. A Treacherous Trade is the second book in The Fiona Mahoney Mysteries. In this book, Fiona finds herself going undercover and investigating a murder in a "house of ill-repute." She is still mourning the death of her childhood love and who he actually turned out to be. And she is still dealing with the various men in her life in different ways- Grayson Croft, the Hammer, the Blade, and Jack the Ripper.

I enjoyed the mystery and the story in this book. It was interesting and kept me guessing. However, it is a bit darker and bleaker than the previous book. Fiona is in a darker place. She is more jaded and has less effs to give. She is a little too man-hating at times for me, but I understood that she was in a dark place. There is less Jack the Ripper involvement on in this book. But there is more sexiness in the air with several men interested in Fiona. I hope some of that comes to fruition soon. And I hope Fiona's life and her attitude starts looking up in the next book. I like Fiona and I want her to be happy even if she is dealing with difficult situations and has a bloody, tough job.

Overall, this was a pretty good book. I was drawn into the story and the mystery kept me guessing, even if it was a little dark for my personal taste. Still, I am enjoying this series and I am looking forward to what Fiona gets up to next!

No comments:

Post a Comment